Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Family Cultures

Today we live in a world full of life. Many seem to be confused on what that may mean, some may think they know what that means, and some continue to progress so that they can learn to understand what life really means. There is culture. diversity, gender, religion, education, family, etc. and everyone of these alters destiny. In this case we are coming to understand culture within the bounds of the family. My parents always taught us with love. Culture doesn't necessarily mean that it is created. It doesn't mean that the there are differences in skin color or in location, it simply means that every family develops unique ways to live together. In a family unit, parents govern and guide the family as kids learn right from wrong. In my family I learned hard work. That is my culture. I was brought up in a family that was very structured that allowed me to make my own decisions that helped me to grow and strengthen my own way of life. My parents allowed us to choose many things in our lives that directed us in a way of a good life lesson. The structure that they placed before us was enough to direct us to choose correctly without force. I loved it. In all families, individuals apply and remove cultures form what they grew up with. not one family upon the face of the earth lives within a family culture that is exactly the same. There may similarities but we are different and God created us that way. I know that God is a just God and he is merciful. He allowed us the gift of agency so that we would choose right from wrong and, like my parents did, experience consequence or blessings of our decisions. He is a loving God and I am so grateful for my family and the culture I was raised in.

No comments:

Post a Comment