Thursday, October 1, 2015

Theories

As I have come to understand the way of life a little more each and everyday, I have come to realize that everything we do, say, think, or react to has a significant role in our lives. I seemed to grasp more onto the symbolic theory than the others that were presented in class this week. The symbolic theory is literally exactly what was written in the sentences prior to this. Everything means something in this world. I am quite the analyzer and I probably think to much. That is why this theory caught my attention. There is a talk that was given, by one in the quorum of the seventy, that is called the fourth missionary. I love this talk. I feel like it relates to everyone and not just missionaries. I bring this up because he also addresses that we are affected by everything that happens in our lives whether it be small or big but we are constantly being changed. We are changing beings. If we are not changing we can not progress.
    In class we spoke about the Systems theory that has boundaries and roles, along with the conflict theory that suggests that there are equal power structures and then there is the exchange theory that is an idea of constant exchanging. These are all phenomena's yet I have come to see that within a family unit we all choose our own theories that we naturally abide by because of how we were raised or experiences in our lives or it really could be anything that triggers the way we think. I know that God made all of his children different and we are all equally his loving children. We stand together and work together to fight the battle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment